6 quirks… this one is tough. As Keri elided to, not because I don’t have them… but which ones do I choose to share???
- counting. I count everything. It does not need to be a certain number, and I often loose count but I count everything I can think of. Steps it takes me to get various places, tiles on the floor, pens on my desk, lights in my view, squares on the rug…. If I am in front of something countable for any length of time, I will count it over and over again. As an example, the run in the living room has eight squares that each contain fourteen smaller squares. I have counted this many times and will probably count it a couple dozen times tonight.
- I look for patterns in things. I try to find out where patterns begin, where they end, how many times the pattern repeats. I must fully understand the pattern.
- I have this weird think I do with my throat. I guess you would say that if I had an Adam’s apple, I’d be bobbing it up and down. I had this habit in college and somehow broke myself of it, but now I do it again.
- I regularly crack 38-40 parts of my body on a regular basis. This not only includes knuckles and toes, but hips, shoulders, neck, back, ankles…. Yea I am a cracky person. Drives Daniel nuts, so I limit the cracking around him…
- I have a passenger quirk as well. I press my toes down to the floor when there is either a guard rail or curb. I lift my toes when the curbs and / or guard rails stop. And yes… each foot represents each side of the road… so if the guard rail extends further on the left, the left toe stays down longer. In addition, I get disappointed with myself if I mess it up.
- I’m obsessed with calorie counting, and all things diet related. Off the top of my head I can give you a ballpark idea of how many calories are in… heck, pretty much anything. I may not be exact, but I can usually get it within 50-100 calories. This includes being able to “predict” weight watchers points.
- here is a bonus one just for you special people! I have horrible gas… not just today, but pretty much around the clock. I have to take pills to keep it civil. I ran out of medication today, therefore I have a little green cloud following me around today.
3 comments:
omg. It's kinda scary how many of these we have in common. For example, I'm cracky, too. My back cracks when I do situps that work my obliques. My ankles crack, right greater than left. Sometimes my right hip cracks when I crouch down. Sometimes that one hurts. My knees crack when I spin around sometimes.
Ditto on the calorie counting thing. I've been doing it for so long.
I, too, have gas. Not all the time, but sometimes it comes on very suddenly. I've tried to identify a "pattern" of when it will show up because it's so painful that it's debilitating. But I can't seem to find one. So I have Gas-X on me wherever I go.
THERE'S NO DOUBT WHY I LOVE YOU :}
my cracky counting toe squishing gassy dieting pattern searching gal... what are pair we make... no wonder we can go out for hours and hours together...
The counting thing? I do that too. Not everything, but when I do count my steps. Or things like ceiling tiles, if I am bored.
And the pattern thing? I've been known to do that too.
Post a Comment