Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mega told us that we have to post our top five movies. I am not sure if I can humanly do that. I have the attention span of a….. oh look at that! Isn’t it pretty????

In stead of listing my top five movies of all time… I am just going to talk about 5 movies I absolutely adore, because my list is subject to change at any second.

Gone With The Wind. This movie makes my cry my eyes out every.single.time. I love the costumes, the epic story, Scarlet’s transformation from a young girl without a care to a hardened woman that will do anything, include selling herself into a marriage, to keep Tara.
Moulin Rouge! Again, the costumes… the bright colors, shiny objects! The star-crossed love story that just makes your heart weep. The amazing score where you can’t help but to just belt out each song… and another end that makes me bawl.
This I have to combine into one chunk…. The entire Star Wars saga… all six movies are wonderful and I never tire of them. My least favorite of them all was Episode I, The Phantom Menace… but other then that… I don’t think I can pick a favorite…it may be Episode III, or VI…. Its so hard to say, but I do love a good epic story, and the Star Wars sage is the epitome of that. There is action, adventure, humor and love. An all around wonderful saga.
While we’re on the topic of sagas… I’m going to have to throw in another Lucas films special…. The Indiana Jones series. I am beyond excited to see the new movie this spring. I am curious to see how the story is going to come out, but how can you not love Indiana Jones?
Here is one that I am not the most proud to admit… it’s such the guilty pleasure and the ultimate chick flick. It seems to be on every time Daniel is away and I take advantage of that….. but… The Mirror Has Two Faces. First of all, I am a bit of a Barbara Streisand fan, but this movie is great. It’s a chunky middle aged woman with no self confidence who gets involved in this plutonic relationship that results in marriage. After some heartbreak, she discovers herself and what she wants and goes out and gets it! My kinda woman! Lol

I think that if I were to expand my list to 10, it would be dramatically different. My top 5 looks like a sci-fi dork and a chick flick junkie… there are so many more things that I am interested in that just are not represented…

Silly Comedies: Dumb and Dumber, Office Space, The Cable Guy
More Chick Flicks: Bridget Jones
80s: The Goonies, The Breakfast Club
Good-Feeling Movies: Little Miss Sunshine
Gangsters: Casino, The GodFather (pt 1 and 2), Goodfellows

Oh the list could go on and on and on.
How about you? What are some of your favorites?


Keri was so good to remind me of another HUGE favorite of mine... worthy to be in the top 5.... I think I'll knock out The Mirror has Two Faces and replace it with Breakfast At Tiffany's..... LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*AHEM*
Where is 'Breakfast at Tiffany's '????
Well... well...
What do you have to say for yourself young lady???

Chele76 said...

OMG... I cannot belive I forgot to include that!!! Watch out for the update! lol

Nichole M said...

What a great post! I love Star Wars, too, but I have to disagree with you on Episodes I-III. The original trilogy for me!

I'm not sure if I can narrow my list to five, or even ten. My brain is hurting just trying. :-\