Thursday, April 17, 2008

April talked about it. Keri talked about it. I’m guessing it’s time for me to talk too.

This weekend we are heading off to Newport, RI for an overnight trip. This trip is serving many purposes for all of us. For April, it’s a bachelorette weekend, where she is going to have the opportunity to see some sights she’s never seen… enjoy some antics in our own little way and just relax for the weekend. For Keri, it’s a time to spend in one of her favorite locations. Be the tour guide for our crazy bunch, and some time to cut loose and not have to be busied with the tasks of Mommy-hood for the weekend… and most of all, to relax for a bit. For Melissa (our non-blogging friend) she too is a busy Mom. She has a five year old and a three year old running amuck. She works part time, is a Mom full time and is taking evening college courses. And of course, is looking forward to a time to relax… see a trend here???

And then there is me. I love any excuse to go somewhere with friends and have a good time. I love the town of Newport. I love the fact that my friends get along so well – and I am sure that April and Melissa will hit it off as well. I am excited about being able to walk around town, seeing a few of the mansions. Even the car ride is going to be a blast (if I can manage to get it clean before then!!!!)

That reminds me, I should charge up my iPod so that we can have some tunes at our disposal… not that we’ll end up listening, because we’ll be too busy chatting.

I’m also crazy and looking forward to spending a few minutes at the hotel’s gym and / or pool for a little calorie burn. I am on such a roll with this weight-loss that I really don’t (or can’t) loose this momentum. And yes, crazy me WILL be continuing to calorie count throughout the weekend. I know, silly, silly me.

So here is to the up-coming weekend where we will all have the great time that we are expecting, and needing!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Newport! I'm SO ready for fun and relaxation and sight-seeing!!! I wasn't planning on counting points this weekend but I probably SHOULD...my eating habits have been horrific this week. :-P

Heather said...

good for you to still think about the working out and counting calories. it will definately help you continue to be successful.
i put the 3 day diet up on my blog so if you want to take a look go ahead, i know you requested it.
have fun this weekend!

Anonymous said...

You guys can count all you want... But TRUST me the amount of walking we are gonna do... you could eat a mac truck full of chocolate cake and work em off!

mmmmm....cake....

fun from MIMOSA's to MARTINI's

and i promise no moon-ing of cops!
my tush doesn't look as good anymore.

Chele76 said...

April - you know it's going to be a BLAST!!!! :)

Heather - thanks for posting it. I think I am going to give it a try in aobut a week or so. I am *dying* to cross into the 190s and could use a little kick in the pants like that!

Keri - What about security guards???? :)

~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL! Running amuck. I love that phrase. I hope you guys have blast! You all totally deserve it. Bring back fun pics for us to see!

Chele76 said...

AAAHHHGGGGG!!!!

*running around shouting*

"Amuck, amuck, amuck, amuck"

Anonymous said...

What? Did someone see a buck?

Anonymous said...

Have fun - it sounds like a blast.