Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Michele 1: Papillion 9,482

I won. I finally won.

Each morning I have no idea what to expect. Sometimes Papillion is gentile and wakes me up late with a simple touch on the back. A couple of times its been kisses... other times are not so gentile. I've been pounced on my chest. This morning he crawled under the blankets and attacked my feet.

When the kitten wants to get up, there is no stopping him. In addition, when he is up, I am not allowed to stay asleep. I am pounced on, bit, tortured by the sounds of random crashing, bags crumpling, toys being batted all over my bedroom...

Shutting him out of my bedroom is not an option. He sits immediately outside the door and scratches and meows until I cave in.

All of this leads to a *very* grumpy Michele in the morning. I just want to get up on my OWN terms - not the kittens. These games usually go on for at least an hour, until I finally give in and get up for the morning.

Until today. I found an option. I shooed him out of my bedroom, shut the door and put earplugs in. I was still able to hear the noises he made, but they were muffled to an acceptable volume and I was able to go back to sleep.

Going forward this will be my plan. Hopefully after a few days of this he will get the idea and learn that I will not give in and my sleep time is MY sleep time.

No comments: