So a few bloggie friends have posted this little year in review meme, and I thought it would be a great way to summarize and wrap up 2009.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you have never done before? Bungy Jumped (3x!)
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2010? I do not make resolutions. I firmly believe that if I want to make a change, I can do it any day, at any time. I don't need the calender to reset to change anything.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2009? Yes, two good friends, Sarah and April both had babies in 2009... along with many other acquaintances.
4. Did anyone close to you die in 2009? Yes, my Grandfather.
5. What countries did you visit this year? New Zealand and Australia!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? more self-discipline when it comes to exercising and my finances.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Right now, I am going to say New Years Eve. It was a great night with many good friends, but the thing that makes me very happy is that over the course of the night I was able to see HOW far I've come along. I had someone by my side, but it was different, in a very good way. I did not have to entertain him nor remain by his side - like I have with past relationships. He was able to make friends and really fit in with my friends. I did not stay glued to his side because I feared that he would forget about me, or not pay attention to me. Lastly, I was able to just be ME the entire night. I did not act how I thought I should act... I was just ME. I was able to sing bad karaoke and play beer pong and not worry about what he was thinking of me. This is HUGE personal growth, and I realized it that night. Who knows how things will go because this is still fairly new... but I can say that I have sure come a LONG way from even just a few months ago. at one point I was able to sit back and think about how much I have changed for the better and healed some long-standing wounds, and smile over the nights happenings.
8. What was your biggest struggle in 2009? To like myself again, and be comfortable in my own shoes.
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2009? Was sick for about 7 weeks... and I still have an occasional cough.
10. What was the best thing you bought this year? My greatest trip... so far.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? I am going to toot my own horn here more, because this is my blog and I can :) - but I am going to say ME! I really have changed, a lot, this year. All these changes are positive and are helping me shape and define myself. Yea ME!
12. Whose behavior disappointed you? the two men that I dated earlier in 2009. Both of them did things that really disappointed me, and I just will never see either of them the same.
13. Where did most of your money go? New Zealand and Sydney!
14. What did you get really really excited about this year? Seeing my friends and family after the long trip. Yea, I am finally a grown up where presents weren't the first on my list :p
15. What song will always remind you of 2009? "Let it Rock" by Kevin Rudolf... what I refer to as my 'Nevis Song' - more to come on that when I get to my Queenstown NZ stories!!!
16. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer? Two out of three. I am greatly happier and a *tad* richer... or maybe I should say a little less in debt? I was always nice, so I don't think I am any nicer this year. Maybe biotches. lol
17. What do you wish you had done more of? Believe it or not, more pics in NZ. I have over 1000 and I seem to keep coming across things I wish I had taken pics of. Oh well - just have to go back one day :)
18. What do you wish you had done less of? eat. lol
19. Did you fall in love in 2009? Nah... dabbled in lust disguised as love. But don't think it was love. Not in 2009 that is.
20. What was your favorite TV Program in 2009? Conan. I am so glad that he's on the tonight show. My other favorites were favorites prior to 2009, so they don't count.
21. What was the best book you read this year? Eat, Love, Pray. This book hit home way to hard for me... I'm sure it did for a lot of people - no, I am not newly divorced and blah blah blah... but those feelings she had and what she did to overcome them and find herself... wow. yea, good book.
22. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year? Discovery? Don't think I have one.
23. What did you want and get? in 2009? I wanted to take a trip and I did.
24. What was the best movie you saw this year? oh, another tough one. I'm going to have to say it's a tie between HP6 (because I so love Harry anyway) and Avatar. Really, Avatar was one of the most amazing movies I've seen in my entire life.
25. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn? I got some friends together for drinks at my place, then dinner (with crazy hats) at East Side (a local German beer-hall styled restaurant) then went out to a bar to check out a band. Good times, good times. Oh, and I turned 33.
26. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying? I don't think anything. If something really bothers me and must be corrected, I do what I need to do in order to get it done. Everything that may or may not have happened in my life was for a reason and helped shape who i am.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year? Me.
28. What kept you sane this year? My therapist (while I was seeing her), my friends, my cat and my trip.
29. What celebrity did you fancy the most? Zachary Quinto (Sylar, on Heroes) and The Edge from U2.
30. Who did you miss this past year? A very dear friend who lives in DC.
31. Who were the best new people you met this year? My Aussie and Kiwi friends!!!!
32. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year: I've got to be me :)
2 comments:
This is a cool meme, I liked reading it! :-) And hmmm...a MAN, I hear?!?!? Do tell...
Isn't seeing how far you've come in the course of a year a fantastic feeling? =)
Post a Comment