Six weeks into training. I am learning so much about myself. My limits are tested daily: physical, mental, emotional. Its been terribly hard and absolutely amazing at the same time. I've never been happier, I have never been more exhausted. Every day I am seeing improvements. My swim is faster and stronger, my body position is improving. I look forward to being in the water every single time. The bike has been challenging, but that is also because I am pushing so very hard on the bike. Although I have been a cyclist for a number of years, its is still where I need so much improvement. I need to make sure there is NO DOUBT that I will finish those 112 miles in less then 8 hours. Then running. I am in love with the run. Every day I am excited to tie up those sneakers and head out. Unfortunately this past week I am showing some symptoms of planter fasciitis, but I am working on that. My feet are super strong, so coach and I are assuming my symptoms are coming on due to using a pair of sneakers that have too many miles on them coupled with too much time on the treadmill. This week I will officially be running outside in this arctic tundra of New England.
Some days are easy, and I hop right out of bed and get to the pool for 7am. Other days I am dragging and it takes every ounce of my energy just to take that step out of bed. Some mornings I am so tired I could cry. Some days I am so hungry I feel as though I can eat everything in sight.
Some days I just cry, because this is so damned hard... but then I remind myself of what I am doing. I am training to become an Ironman. This is going to be, by far, one of the hardest yet most amazing days of my entire life. Reminding myself of the goals takes away the weight and reminds me of just how awesome this journey is and where this goal is going to bring me.
This is freaking amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment