I have numbers and hours already engraved into my head. I will be limited to 8:45 to complete two loops of a 56 mile bike course. I have to be back in transition no later then 5:30pm.
My goal is to complete in 8:15-8:30. This would leave me 15 minutes to spare. Plenty of time! If I look back as to how I was riding last fall, I was able to complete a 50 mile ride in 3:45. Assuming that holds true, I should be right in between that 8:15-8:30 window I am looking at.
On top of that, I've been training on my bike all winter long. I have a trainer which my bike sits upon and I spin away as I try to distract myself with movies and tv shows. The trainer has resistance on it, which I really cannot measure. I just know that I've been spinning a good cadence and only averaging 10 mile per hour rides. I AM stronger, I just don't know how much stronger.
Add that factor in, and a well executed race strategy... I might even bring my bike course down to 8:00 or less!
I am really looking forward to getting outside and seeing some rewards of all the training I have been doing this winter. Hopefully only another week or two and I will be outside again.
It was awesome to think and talk that through with my coach yesterday... as the bike has been what has been making me the most nervous... Ironically enough, the bike is my strong sport, but it's just coming along a bit slow.

No comments:
Post a Comment