Another note of finality. I just asked to have me and my Jeep taken off Daniel’s insurance policy.
Another step in the direction of independence.
It’s hard. Because as I look back, it becomes clearer and clearer. The relationship was going downhill long before I realized (or rather it was brought to my attention.) They say that hindsight is 20/20 – and in this case it could not be more on the spot.
I realize that we are not a good fit for each other. Now, I am not quite sure how we lasted so long, except for the fact that I was in such denial.
…unfortunately it still makes me just so sad. I should be happy for everything that is going on in my life, and at times I am. I really am. I suppose this is just not one of those times.
11 comments:
Oooh, I'm the first peep on this post! It can still be hard, even though you know it's not a good fit. I am happy, at least, that you didn't stick it out just because you want a man, then years down the road wind up bitter and miserable because of it.
It's ok to still have these moments of realization. Let them come... let them pass...
{HUG}
I'm sorry Michele...You should be proud of you- I am!!
I think your sad because you miss the good times, you miss the future you talked about, the idea of having found "the one"....
He's out there somewhere......
I know it......
Hindsight IS 20/20. It's so easy to overlook the flaws in a relationship and only focus on the good...I've done that before myself!!
You know what? You're going to have those days. And that's ok. I'm sorry that they hurt & make you sad. But even just in this post, I can see how far you've come already. It's a process. (((HUGS)))
May be 20/20 is showing you that you were so attracted to the 'future ideas' than to the actual 'future man'??
He is a good guy, but better for someone else.
You need someone that will support and boost you up for you, not make you want to mold and change for them. He's out there, and when your ready he'll jump out and say 'boo'...
((hug))
In relation to Keri's comment...hopefully the Future Mr. Right doesn't randomly jump out and say "Boo!". We don't want him to SCARE you! LOL Maybe he can just saunter up and say, "Hey." ;-)
Oh Chele you are so strong for being able to walk away like that. Hopefully that right person isn't too far away!
Thanks ladies. I giess these down moment do grab hold of me every now and again. Hopefully they will continue to grow less frequent over time...
Man, I wish someone had given me Keri's advice, oh say ten years ago! =P LOL!
These moments will come and go - hindsight is always 20/20 - everyone comes into (and out of) our lives for a reason - sometimes finding out that reason just takes a while. Hugs!!
- Viz
Post a Comment