Thursday, June 19, 2008

Does this mean something…or do I just say relax, it was just a dream!?!

I had a dream that I saw Daniel. Our “trial month of separation” was over. We were somewhere strange. I remember seeing a lot of roots from trees. Daniel turned to me and said “we’re back together now, right?” and I just looked at him, puzzled as all can be. A few months ago I thought we were going to try to work on things, but needed some time away… then I realized he meant “break-up” and I just COMPLETELY misunderstood – now he’s telling me that he wanted to just “pause” our relationship for a month?!?! I was totally confused and said to him “I don’t know we have to see how things go” But in my mind, the entire time I had been thinking of someone I went to High School with. I couldn’t say yes to Daniel because of this person who was on my mind. I suppose the person I was thinking of must have been subliminal… subconscious, heck maybe even subterranean! Lol. I had just sent this person a message shortly before going to bed and that was probably on my mind. But it may have been an “insert male subject here” situation… telling me to NOT go back to Daniel and get back out there. I dunno. Half of me thinks that I should get back out there in the dating world, just for the heck of it… I think that is going to be just like the kitten and playing the clarinet… a lot of talking, but no doing yet. I don’t know why. Why do I stop myself from doing things I want to do?

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

You'll do them when you're ready, Chele. Be gentle with yourself. No one can tell you when you're ready to take a step forward (with any of the above!) except for you. And trust me on this: when you're ready to take that steo forward, you won't just talk about it, you'll *do* it. ;-)

Julie said...

Again, Dawn is right :)
There's no right or wrong time to start dating or take on a new responsibility (kitty. But only you know if you are ready.

I believe dreams can tell you what is going on inside you. Maybe you know that being with Daniel isn't right. You just don't feel that way yet. But deep down inside you know that. The dream can also be showing you what a strong person you are becoming. Not necessarily that your ready to move one, but that your ready to calmly tell Daniel how you feel and what you want.

Julie said...

wow I am a typo queen today!!

I meant to say at the end that you may not necessarily be telling Daniel in your dream that your moving on but the dream is representing the strong woman you have become and your expressing yourself to him. Telling him what you need & want.

Oh and your obviously thinking about a possible convo with him and how it may go- so your mind is just going with it.