Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Letting the cat out of the bag….

I wonder how that phrase came about? From my experience cats LOVE to be in bags, why would one be rushing to get out?

Anyway, here we go. I’m seeing someone. We have not defined our relationship. We’re spending time together on a somewhat regular basis. In fact it’s cute. He seems to be making excuses to see me. Tonight I am going with him to his eye doctor to help him pick out new glasses – mind you he said he wants to get the exact same pair that just broke.

Anyway, he is calling me and texting me regularly. I’ve been limiting my replies because I want to take this very slow. In addition we’ve seen each other a few times a week for the past two weeks.

Neither of us is looking to rush into anything. We are walking into this with our eyes open. I’m being extremely cautious, guarding my heart – yet allowing myself to have fun and enjoy whatever this is. I am also working on identifying / maintaining my identity. We are communicating openly – then again, how serious can things be after only two weeks?

So what’s the big deal about this? It’s Daniel. My Daniel. Not the grumpy Daniel I was living with and broke my heart into pieces a few months ago. It’s the Daniel I met a year and a half ago.

We both understand that there were faults in our relationship. We were both at fault. We both did not handle things wisely and were stressed to the max. The month we spent apart was a good reset and as a friend said we needed a “knock on the head to sort of wake us up to things.”

But at the end of the day we both care for each other immensely.

We are not rushing to label this or to increase the seriousness. We’re just spending time together and seeing where this might (or might not) take us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Based on how you talked about Daniel's mom and "stop"-father in your previous post, this doesn't shock me. Something about the way you wrote it, as though you're still seeing him. . .

A Day in My Life said...

Good luck to you. It's a good thing to be cautious.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is to see for yourself. Just keep your mind open. I had to try the same thing with Michael. Even though things were bad enough to break us up, I had to go back, just for myself, to make sure it wasn't fixable. Turns out, for us, it wasn't. It didn't ultimately change the outcome, but I am glad I know now & for me, it brought closure. I would have hated to wonder. Only you & Daniel know best how you need to handle your relationship. =)

Anonymous said...

Ultimately you will figure out what is right for you - since nobody else is living your life! I wish you all the best - no matter what direction this will take. Just remeber that you rock!
- V

Chele76 said...

Amy: you must have been reading my mind! ;)

Jackie: Thanks. I definitely am taking it cautiously, so we'll see how this thing goes....

Dawn: I completely understand, and that is where I am right now. Was it us just getting all wrapped up in needless things or are the foundations and underlying compatability missing? Only he and I know, and only one way to find out for sure.

Viz: no, YOU ROCK!!!! :D But thanks!!! :D

Jenera said...

I think that you did a good amount of soul searching while you were apart and I think this will help you this time around in taking it slow and not taking yourself or the relationship for granted.

I'm happy for you.

::hugs::